My current interest is in fertility, so, as part of my Well Woman Yoga training at Birthlight, I will run two “Yoga for healthy conception” courses.
Exercising in a smart way (i.e. without depleting your body reserves) before and during pregnancy can help you a lot in preparation for a very demanding period of your life. Increasing vitality, relaxing the body and mind, creating some peaceful space for yourself and your future baby.
Yoga therapy can be of great help especially in the following cases:
- if you have recently stopped taking birth control pills and are trying to get back to natural hormonal balance;
- if you are older than 35, the chances to conceive are statistically lower than when you are younger, so any additional help to your reproductive system is just right.
Where and when will the course take place?
St Ives (Cambs)
- Time: every Tuesday, starting from 25 September 2018, 19:45-21:00.
- Location: Yoga and Pilates studio “Time for Health”, 8 Station Rd, St Ives, Cambridgeshire, PE27 5BH.
- Time: every Wednesday, starting from 26 September 2018, 09:30-11:00.
- Location: Satyam Yoga Wellbeing Centre, 2-4 Hawthorn Way, Cambridge, CB4 1AX.
Who is this course for?
This course is for women of reproductive age who are planning or already trying to conceive.
If there is a medical condition that may affect your ability to conceive, you are still welcome to join this course as long as you have checked with your healthcare provider. Yoga therapy is a complementary approach, which means that you will not need to stop any current treatment or medication.
No experience of Yoga is required.
If you think you are fit enough to have a baby then you are certainly fit enough for these classes! You do not have to be super flexible, be able to bend yourself into a pretzel or anything like this. There will be no complicated postures, these exercises are a real pleasure to do.
What exactly will we do during the course?
We are going to do very easy gentle exercises that will help your body and mind relax, break chronic stress patterns and increase your vitality. There will be a lot of relaxtion and breath awareness practices. This can help you better prepare for pregnancy and potentially address some chronic conditions that you might be working on already.
Some more technical details
- The maximum number of participants in the group is six.
- The total cost for 6 sessions is £60.
- Deadline for application: 23 September 2018
Links to these events on Facebook: